A free UX Design course is a good way to get started in the field. If you are going to be a ux designer, it will give you a basic understanding of UX design and help you decide if you are a good candidate for a career as a UX designer. An accredited UX design certification program will give you all of the skill’s and techniques that you need to be successful in this field. Moreover, it’s a great way to formalize your knowledge and market yourself as an expert UX practitioner, even if you are a self-taught designer. In this article we will introduce you the most popular UX certification programs.
Is UX Certification beneficial?
The UX Certification is best for:
- UX novice
- Mid-career change
- Internship seeker
- Software developer
UX Certification is a way to get started in the field of user experience UX design to become UX designer. It focuses on the principles and methods of user-centered design (UCD), UX design (UX design), as well as user experience research (UX Research).
A UX Certification program will be a huge help if you’re new to UX. The program will guide you through the fundamentals of UX. Although you won’t be qualified to work as a UX researcher or UX designer, you will have a good understanding of their jobs and the scope of your role.
UX certification is a must for software developers. It will allow you to collaborate with other designers and researchers, and help you focus on the users.
Top options for getting UX certified
It is important to remember that UX certifications are not universally accepted. Therefore, it is crucial to choose a reliable program from a trusted provider. Here is a list of top UX certification programs available right now to help you on your search.
- Online UX design certification programs
- Attendance-based and in-person programs.
Google UX Design Certificate
A quick glance at the Google UX Design Certificate program:
- Study Mode: Online
- For: Newbies with No Experience
- Duration 6 Months (10 hours per Week)
- Price: Free & $39 per month (via a Coursera subscription)
The Google UX Design Certificate is for complete beginners who are looking to learn the basics of user experience (UX). The course is open to all levels of experience and qualifications. However, you must be able to learn independently online.
Although the Google certificate does not include any mentorship or personal guidance, there are opportunities to receive peer-to–peer feedback and participate in discussion forums. This certificate is an affordable and flexible option for those who are new to the field.
Google doesn’t charge for the course, so you don’t have to pay Coursera. Google also offers financial assistance and sponsorship. These topics are covered in the course:
- Foundations of User Experience Design (UX)
- Begin the UX Design Process: Empathize. Define. And Ideate.
- Make Wireframes and Low Fidelity Prototypes
- Do UX Research and Test Early Concepts
- Figma allows you to create high-fidelity prototypes and designs.
- Responsive Web Design in Adobe XD
- Create for social good and prepare for jobs
This course is for beginners and can be used by a mid-career changer or a fresh graduate interested in a UX career.
Nielsen Norman UX Certification
A quick glance at the Nielsen Norman UX Design certificate program:
- Study Mode: Online, Live 2-way video conferencing / In-person
- For: Intermediate (UX Certificate), / Advanced (UX Master Certificate).
- Duration: The UX Certificate is for 30 hours and the UX Master Certificate for 90 hours.
- Cost: USD 3200 to 6,000 tuition fees + USD 400 exam fees for UX Certificate (5 Courses) / USD 9,600-18,000 tuition fee + US 1200 exam fee UX Master Certificate (15 Courses)
The Nielsen Norman Group, a UX consulting company founded in 1998 by Jakob Nielsen. All UX practitioners know them as the UX pioneers. Don Norman, VP of Research at Apple Computer, Inc., coined the term “User experience” in 1993.
The group offers consulting services as well as training services for aspiring and established UX practitioners. The UX Conferences modules are used to train employees at Nielsen Norman Group. There are more than 50 modules that cover topics in UX design, research and management. Each module is about six hours long and covers a specific topic in UX. The module exam is optional and not required to pass. You can skip the exam if you are only interested in learning about a module.
To be eligible for the UX Certification, however, you must attend 5 UX Conferences, pass 5 exams, and complete 5 UX Certification Exams. To qualify for the UX Master Certification, you may also want to take another 10 UX Conferences or pass 10 exams.
The Nielsen Norman UX Certification is more difficult and suited to those with some UX experience. The certification is widely accepted and can be used by experienced professionals to become certified.
Designlab UX Academy
The Designlab UX Academy certificate program at A Glance:
- Study Mode: Online
- Perfect for: Experienced designers and Beginners who wish to become certified
- Duration 4-12 Months
- Price: $7.249-9.677 USD
Designlab’s UX Academy targets both novice and experienced designers who are looking to build a career in UX.
The Designlab focuses on making you job-ready so it’s a great option for anyone looking to make a career change.
The UX Academy Journey is broken down into three stages. The first stage, Design 101 takes approximately 4 weeks. It is completed at a pace of 10-15 hour per week. This course serves as a foundation course that prepares you for the main curriculum. Students are paired up with an expert mentor at this stage.
You’ll be admitted to the UX Academy if the work you do in Design 101 is acceptable. You’ll be working with your mentor on a variety of projects and exercises for 15 weeks or 28 weeks. (Phentermine) The last step is to polish your portfolio and search for a job. The course can take between 4-12 months depending on whether you choose to study full-time or part time.
MIT Human-Computer Interaction to Improve User Experience Design
The MIT Human-Computer Interaction certificate program at A Glance:
- Mode: Online, E-learning
- Duration: Self-paced for 8-10 hours per semaine for 6 weeks
- Price: USD 2,500
- For: Beginner
MIT Human Computer Interaction for User Experience Design This is an online course offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. The course can be accessed remotely online and is open to anyone around the globe. The cost of the course is also very affordable.
These are the contents of the curriculum for the program:
- Module 1: The Essence of Interaction
- A brief introduction to HCI/UI and the various levels and concepts that are important to remember in interaction design.
- Module 2 Natural Interaction
- This overview provides a brief description of the natural user interface’s, and the design principles that guide them.
- Module 3 Collaborative Computer Interaction
- Find out more about computer interaction and the tools available to help you do it.
- Module 4: Intelligent User Interface’s and Prototyping
- Learn how high-performance apps can increase usability and how prototyping is possible.
- Module 5 Multimedia, Speech and Vision in Computer Interaction
- Learn more about vision capabilities, gaze following, intuitive media authoring and language learning in computers and machines.
- Module 6 Future Directions for UI
- Explore the future, look at user interaction and learn more about human-robot interaction and virtual reality.
General Assembly UX Design Immersive
A quick glance at the General Assembly online UX bootcamp:
- Study Mode: Online
- This course is ideal for: Career changers who are looking for an intensive course
- Duration: 12 weeks full-time
- Price: $15,950 USD
This program is easy to learn and does not require any prerequisites. It is ideal for those new to the field or those with some practice and who want to formalize it. This course is online, but you must be available for full-time instruction from Monday through Friday. This is an excellent option for students who can afford a higher price and still want to have the classroom experience but not the commute.
The immersive course provides a rich learning experience, much like what you would get in a classroom. The online class allows you to connect with experts and other classmates virtually.
You’ll have the chance to meet with your instructors in person, beyond classroom hours. This course will cover key UX techniques like wireframing and prototyping. It will also discuss hot topics like service design and leadership. In preparation for the job market, you will also be partnered with a career coach. Moreover, the course is 12 weeks long and full-time. There are start dates approximately every six weeks.
Flatiron School UX/UI Design Course
Flatiron School Bootcamp at a Glance:
- Study Mode: Hybrid-online and on campus
- Ideal For: Beginnings looking for a career-change
- Duration: 24 weeks, full-time
- Price: $17,000 US
Flatiron School Bootcamp is open to anyone interested in a career as an interior designer. This is an expensive program that requires a commitment of at least six months. It’s a viable option for people who are willing to invest in their career.
It is available at several locations in the United States including New York City, Austin, San Francisco and Seattle. You can also find it in London. This bootcamp is 24 weeks long and divided into five phases. Phase 1 focuses on Design Essentials. It is offered online in a part-time format.
Students can choose to concentrate on UX or UI at the end of Phase 1. All subsequent phases, including Portfolio, Studio, Client and Client, are taught full-time on campus, with the exception of the Process phase which is taught online.
Each phase has weekly assignments and quizzes. Students are required to attend meetings, present, get feedback and work on their portfolio.
Flatiron School’s entire boot camp can be completed in 24 weeks if you work full-time. Students are expected to dedicate 40-50 hours per week during the Studio Phase. The boot camp cost $17,000 USD. You can also finance the boot camp with a loan or defer your tuition until after you have earned a certain amount.
This article, showed you what to look for in UX certification so you can get the best value. We’ve introduced top programs that offer UX design certifications in this guide. After narrowing down your options to a few, it is a good idea for you to do more research before you make a decision.
Ui UX design services
Our Ui UX design services help you improve your user’s experience and let them enjoy checking out your website or application. We help make your interfaces more user-friendly and efficient. UI/UX design services can also help you gather valuable feedback from customers to improve your product or service.
- A complete guide for an effective multimedia presentation - February 6, 2023
- What are the most important tips to tailoring your talk when time is tight? - February 6, 2023
- Top best 8 Presentation Management Tips for a successful presentation - February 5, 2023