Making your presentations stand out is essential in the fast-paced world of modern communication. Prezi is a tool that has transformed the art of presentations. Prezi’s dynamic and non-linear method of storytelling has drawn the attention of presenters looking to break without the limitations of traditional slide-based presentations. In this article, we’ll delve into how to make a Prezi presentation, explore its unique features that contribute to better Presentation design services, and discuss how to use them with the best tips and tricks.
Table of Contents
Make a Prezi presentation step-by-step
Let’s start with the basics: How to create a Prezi presentation. Prezi Present is a powerful presentation tool that allows you to create engaging presentations that draw your audience in. Prezi’s zooming feature allows you to add movement and motion to your Presentation. Prezi’s nonlinear format lets you jump between topics rather than flip through slides. This makes your Presentation more conversational than a monologue.
Step 1 – Creating a Prezi Account
- Click on “Sign up” in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- This instructable will show you how to create a free account. Click “Free” to get started.
- Complete the form and agree to the terms. Click “Register and Proceed.”
- Prezi is your home! This welcome screen should be your first. You can choose to view a video, create a Prezi, or view the creations of others.
Step 2 – Creating a Prezi
After logging in, you will be taken to your dashboard. This contains all of the presentations that you can view or edit. Click the Create from Template button in the top right corner to open a new editor window. Select a template, click on Use this template, and then you can set your theme. It’s as simple as that. =.)
Choose the Convert PowerPoint option to convert your slides into Prezi presentations. Or click Create from the template. You can also click on the + icon in the search bar to select Presentation to create a new Prezi presentation using a template.
- Click start if you’re starting from the welcome screen.
- Click “New Prezi” if you’re starting from your current page.
- Choose a style and name your prezi. Then, write a description.
- Click “Create.”
- Click “Open Me”.
- Again, click “Open Me”.
Step 3 – How to Add Text, Pictures, and Frames
Prezi allows you to add images to a topic or subtopic.
- Click on Insert at the top of your screen to choose Image
- You will see a new window. These are the ways you can insert images:
Click Upload image from your computer library
Prezi’s image collection. Prezi Edu Plus allows you to use more than 500,000 images.
- Double-click on the image you want to use or drag it onto your canvas.
- You can then move, resize, or rotate the image. You can also edit your photos if you are using Prezi Pro Plus.
Add a background image.
Your Presentation’s background image is crucial for its appearance. You can play with text and other objects on the background layer. The Background is essential because it will determine the story you are trying to tell. You will need to decide where to place the text, charts, images, and other objects.
- Select Style, then Background. Click on the background image to change it.
- You will see three options in a new window.
Upload images from your computer.
You can search the Prezi library for images. Prezi Edu plus gives you access to more images. You get 16 images free. You can also choose a background color for your Presentatio
Step 4: Embedding Prezis
- Select a prezi that you wish to share from your page.
- Click “Share.”
- Copy and paste the embed code
How to use Prezi to create better Presentations?
- Visual Impact: Prezi’s dynamic canvas allows you to create visually compelling presentations. You can use Zoom to highlight important details, giving your audience a fresh perspective.
- Storytelling: Prezi’s non-linear format encourages a more storytelling-oriented approach. You can reveal information in a sequence that builds suspense and keeps your audience engaged.
- Flexibility: Unlike traditional slides, Prezi allows you to rearrange content easily. If you need to change the order or add new elements, it’s a simple process.
- Collaboration: Prezi enables real-time collaboration. Multiple team members can simultaneously work on the same presentation, making it an excellent tool for group projects or remote teams.
Tips for making a presentation
It takes time to learn how to present a presentation. However, even the most skilled presenters must continue practicing and improving their skills. These 6 tips will help you create a great presentation.
1-Make your Presentation easy to understand
The presenter likely did a great job of structuring their Presentation to make it easy for you to follow along and grasp key points. This is supported by research. Research shows that structured information is retained 40% better than unstructured.
Structured presentations can help you organize your thoughts and speech, making you more confident when you present.
Before you can structure your Presentation, it is essential to decide what the purpose of your Presentation is. There are four types of presentations: informative, persuasive, motivational, and instructive. Structure your Presentation around what you want your audience to do after you have finished your Presentation.
Next, begin writing the content for your Presentation. The same narrative framework (a beginning, middle, and end) is recommended for presentations. This framework can be used to create conflict and show potential. This framework is particularly useful for persuasive presentations. However, it can also be used to create compelling narratives for any type of Presentation.
2-Do your research
Knowing your topic well is the best way to feel confident when presenting. It will be easier to answer questions and keep your head straight if you have forgotten what you will say if you take the time to understand the topic fully. If you have extra time, you can also add bonus information.
Research can be done online or at the library. Experts are also available to help you. This is a great way of getting quotes and sound bites.
3-Create your Presentation
It is easy to make your audience’s eyes glaze over by using large blocks of text in your presentations. You don’t want your audience to be overwhelmed with visual stimuli, no matter how important the information you present is.
The essential part of presenting a presentation is to keep your audience interested and engaged in the topic.
4-Get your audience’s attention from the beginning.
It is important to make a good first impression. In an age with so many distractions, it is even more important to grab your audience’s attention quickly. This will help you get their attention and keep them engaged for the remainder of your Presentation.
Your audience’s impression of you is formed at your presentation’s beginning. It is easy to lose your audience’s attention by telling a boring joke or telling a long, boring story. You might not be able to get their attention back.
Advantages of Using Prezi
- Engagement: Prezi’s unique style captures the audience’s attention and keeps them engaged throughout the presentation.
- Memorability: The visual impact of Prezi presentations makes them more memorable, ensuring your message sticks with the audience.
- Flexibility: You’re not limited to linear slides so you can adapt your presentation on the fly based on audience reactions or questions.
- Creativity: Prezi encourages creative thinking in structuring your content, allowing you to experiment with different layouts and arrangements.
- Collaboration: Prezi’s collaboration features make it easy to work with others on creating and refining presentations.
Prezi is a powerful tool for creating compelling presentations. Now you have learned how to make a Prezi presentation, by mastering its features and adopting its unique storytelling style, you can take your presentations to the next level, ensuring your message resonates with your audience and leaves a lasting impression.
Can I make a presentation on Prezi for free?
You can use Prezi for free if you are okay with your public presentations. There are also paid account plans, which let you access other features and allow you to make your presentations private.
Is Prezi better than PowerPoint?
PowerPoint presentations are best for a simple business presentation that includes graphs, charts, and a lot of text. People come to the presentation for the information, not the flashy effects. Prezi presentations may be best when presenting to children or a classroom full of students.