Table of Contents
Adobe XD is a part of the Adobe family. It’s a vector-based tool that allows you to design user experiences for mobile and web apps. Although it is only available for macOS and Windows, there are also versions for iOS or Android that allow you to preview the results of your work on mobile devices. Adobe XD allows you to create interactive, dynamic prototypes of designs that you wouldn’t normally be able to do statically. All you need is a function switch within the app. You can create animations that simulate the flow of your app or website and give it motion. Then, share an interactive preview with your teammates and stakeholders to test your design.
Adobe XD prototyping
Adobe XD’s Prototype mode is a unique feature that sets it apart from other design tools.
This mode allows you to quickly create an interactive prototype of your design by connecting the artboards in your mobile or web project, selecting a transition type, and previewing the final result on either your computer or a mobile device.
This will allow you to validate your website’s usability, navigation, and overall user experience before you begin development. It also helps you avoid fundamental UX design flaws that could lead to more money and time.
Create an app or website using artboards.
First, you will need artboards. You can create an artwork in a new file by selecting File, then Create. You will see a dialog box with different screen sizes for artboards. Click on one to open XD, which will open a new file with a blank artboard.
Hold the Option/Alt key to add an artboard to the document. Click on an existing artwork and drag the copy to a new place. Command/Ctrl/Ctrl/V and Command/Ctrl/Ctrl/C can copy and paste an existing artboard. Click the artboard to resize it. The circular handles at the edges can be used.
Prototype with DX
1. To create prototypes, first switch to Prototype Mode using the toggle at the top of the page. All design-related toolbars and features will be hidden.
2. Click on the artboard you want to make part of your prototype. A little home icon will appear at the top of your artboard.
Click on the home icon to make this the prototype’s first screen. This will make it blue and will become your home screen. It will appear when the prototype launches or is shared.
3. Let’s suppose you want to connect the first screen button to the screen below it, and create an interaction among them.
Click on the button to select it from your artboard or the layers panel on top. Note: If your object is part of a layer group, select all layers.
The object will then be highlighted in blue, and an arrow handle will be displayed on its right side.
Click on this handle and drag the connecting line. Then, release the mouse from the screen where you want to connect the button.
4. The settings for your interaction will now appear in the Property inspector.
The pros and cons of prototyping using Adobe XD
- It’s amazing what prototyping can do! You don’t need additional plugins or services to create high-fidelity, clickable prototypes.
- Adobe makes sure that its creative suite is linked. This would help XD a lot. Designers will have more options/tools if other Adobe applications are involved.
- Prototyping has become more sophisticated with the addition of Audio Playback, Anchor links, Multiple actions on a Tap trigger, and many other features.
- The entire artboard functions as one, with no Scrollable Area feature.
Tips for better prototyping
* To see all connections for an artboard, click on the title. All connections to other screens will then be displayed.
* To delete a connection between two screens that you have made a mistake, drag one of the connecting handles onto the grey canvas or click on it, then hit DELETE.
* You can change the target screen for a connection through the “Target” dropdown menu or drag the destination handle to another screen.
You can copy and paste interactions between objects. You can copy and paste interactions from one object to another, such as a button that links to a screen with a particular transition and duration. Copy the first button and then click on the second button to copy it. Click the right-click icon to select “Paste Interaction.”
To record an animated preview of your prototyping on a Mac, and to save the recording, click the app window in the upper right corner to open the Preview window. To test the navigation between screens:
- Click on the interactive elements.
- Click Record to save the interactive prototype.
- End the recording by pressing Esc or clicking Record. The recording will be saved as a.mp4 File.
Graphic Design services :
Temis Graphic Designing Services enable you to improve the Visual identity of your business and let your branding process goes on. With our Graphic Designing Services, you can influence your clients and let them feel your brand personality; due to good brand awareness, you prove to people that your business can handle a problem.
Do you need graphic design services? Contact Us now!