Suppose you are a PowerPoint user or a professional PowerPoint presenter. In that case, you may face this question: What are PowerPoint slide size pixels while you are making a presentation, or can you change the size of the presentation window? Do you know what is the best size format for PowerPoint presentation design services? You are going to find all of these questions answered in this blog post.
Table of Contents
What is the size of a PowerPoint slide in pixels?
Microsoft PowerPoint comes with multiple preset slide sizes, which can be customized and used based on the user’s needs. You can even put your feet away and, with the help of the “Custom Slide Size” feature, customize the PowerPoint slide size as you need. After all, you should notice that even when you change PowerPoint slide size or Google Slides dimensions, the slide size in pixels will be different.
The right slide format for your PowerPoint presentation size in pixels:
- 4:3 is perfect for iPad presentations, as well as for old monitors/projectors.
- 16:9 is known as the most common size for most modern notebooks and Chromebooks, and also it is the default aspect ratio in PowerPoint settings.
- 16:10 size is the ideal aspect ratio for presentations in MacBooks and office screens.
How to Adjust the PowerPoint size in pixels?
First, you need to be aware that the standard size for standard displays is 16:9, and for wider screens, it’s 4:3. Well, you are known with the standard PowerPoint dimensions pixels, now it’s essential to understand how to adjust the PowerPoint slide size in pixels. You should click on this task’s “Design” tab, then choose the “Slide Size” option with your mouse.
From this step, just select the desired size of the slide from the appeared dropdown menu. Once the size is determined, the slide will automatically adjust to the new size.
Wrong PowerPoint slide size pixels format issues
In some of your PowerPoint presentations, you might have observed that your slides do not cover the entire screen. The reason for this is that the PowerPoint presentation has a different aspect ratio compared to the device used in the creation/opening of the document. The most common problem is the following unevenness in the view.
- Thin black bands run along the top and bottom areas of the presentation.
- The size of the slides is reduced on display.
- Content can be stretched or compressed.
- Slides may be cut off.
The default aspect ratio on PowerPoint 2013 is set to 16:9 formats. But the display of many other monitors and MacBooks support 16:10. Therefore, you must select an appropriate aspect ratio for your PowerPoint templates. Always take note of the aspect ratio of the device that you wish to use in creating as well as opening your PowerPoint presentation.
How to change your PowerPoint aspect ratio?
- Open your PowerPoint presentation; upper the window, you can see the Design tab on the ribbon; select it.
- Now click on the Slide Size toolbar at the right end to see your choices.
- Select between Standard (4:3 aspect ratio), Widescreen (16:9), and custom slide size based on your demand.
- The last step is clicking on OK and choosing the correct scale for your presentation.
NOTE: In PowerPoint 2010, principles are the same as in 2013, except the notice under the Design tab is much messy, and you can’t quickly find the slide size function there.
How to Customize the PowerPoint slide size?
As we mentioned, there is a “Custom Slide Size” feature in Microsoft PowerPoint for all versions that allows you to change the size of the PPT slide by customization. You can use any demotion by using this feature; follow these steps:
- Open your PPT and choose the Design tab from the menu, which is located at the top of the window.
- Now find the Slide Size in the right side of the Design menu
- Then select the Custom Slide Size option in the opened window in the design menu and click on it to see a dialog box.
- Click on the “Slide sized for” option on the opened dialog box to choose the custom option at the bottom of the opened menu.
- Click on the Width box to enter your preferred slide size in inches.
- For Height, do the same as the width and enter the size you want.
- Now, after adjusting your preferred slide size, click on the OK button to apply changes and save your custom size.
Nowadays, with progressing technology, you need to be familiar with all the features of the tool or application you use daily. This will help us to have a better output in our job and every other part between. PowerPoint is one of the best ways to show and share your work or information with others. You must know the right aspect ratio for your display if you have a projector, MacBook, or laptop. In this article, you learned about the best pixel size for your display to show your presentation in the ideal and perfect possibility to your audience.
What size is a 16:9 PowerPoint slide pixels?
Suppose you are making a 16:9-dimension presentation for widescreen or a presentation projector; the size is 1920 pixels X 1080 pixels. In that case, the image you are going to need for your PPT should be 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high, and the image’s resolution should be approximately 100 – 150 pixels per inch.
What is the PowerPoint size in pixels, 16×9 or 4×3?
One of the first choices is the slide size on PowerPoint designing. Microsoft PowerPoint switched to the 16:9 aspect ratio of presentations in recent years as the default size of slides. It follows the trend of “wide-everything,” including smartphones, computer monitors, TVs, and projectors & beamers.