All your PowerPoint slides can be converted to the same language using PowerPoint Productivity. This includes shapes and objects on slides as well as the notes pages. This feature is particularly useful for people working in countries such as Canada and Switzerland, where multiple languages are used, or where there are teams from different countries.
How to Set Proofing Language in PowerPoint?
The Set Proofing Language is the language used to determine the dictionary that will be used for spell-checking. This is what determines if words have a red squiggly border below them. Standard PowerPoint doesn’t allow you to easily change language for an entire presentation. (motivationandlove) This makes proofing and reviewing much easier. You will need to apply the new language to each text box if you want to change the set language in Standard Microsoft office PowerPoint. The PPT Productivity adding for PowerPoint fixes this problem. It gives you a feature that allows you to modify the set proofing language on all PowerPoint slides. You can also choose to change the proofing language for specific slides or shapes. Follow these steps to change the proofing language for an entire presentation in PowerPoint 365 for windows:
You must have think cell tool installed on your system to use this technique. Think-cell is a third party add-in for PowerPoint. This process will only change the proofing language for one text container. These are the steps you need to follow:
- You can select any text container to be included in your presentation.
- Locate and click the Language link within the Review Tab of the Ribbon. This will open a drop-down menu. Select the Set proofing Language option.
- This will bring up the Language . This dialog box is not the Language dialog that was previously displayed on this page. This language dialog box only appears if you have the Think-cell add-in to PowerPoint installed.
- Select a proofing language using the dialog box. Scroll down to select the language you require. You can recognize installed languages by the checkmark that is placed before them. After you’ve selected the proofing language you can choose from any of these options:
- To make this change, click the OK link. This will allow you to make the desired text box change.
- To change the proofing language for all text containers within the presentation, click the All Text link.
- To change the proofing language for all text containers on the slide, click the Slide button.
- This changes the proofing language of all text containers to the chosen language.
You may like: How To Become A Great Motivational Speaker? A Comprehensive Guide.
You can select individual text containers
These steps will allow you to modify the proofing language of text containers within your presentation.
- Navigate to any slide in PowerPoint. Select all text containers found on the slide. There are many ways to select the text containers:
- You have now selected the text containers that you wish to change the proofing language for.
- This will bring up the dialog box. Scroll down to choose an Editing language. You can recognize installed languages by the checkmark that is placed before them. Select the language that you would like to use in your chosen text box. Click the OK link.
- This will modify the proofing language. You will then see the updated language in the Status bar.
- This process can be repeated to modify the Language option on all slides of your presentation.
- To select a single text container, click on its edge.
- To select all text containers, press Ctrl+A if there are multiple text containers on the slide.
- To select all slide objects on the slide, press Ctrl+ A if there are multiple text containers. Next, select the slide object you don’t want from the selection. Shift +click any object to quickly select it.
You may like: Default Text Box Setting In PowerPoint
Change all slides with using standard PowerPoint language
To change the language of all slides in standard PowerPoint you will need to:
- You can select all slides by pressing CTRL+A from either the Normal view Thumbnail pane or the Slide Sorter view Slide Sorter view.
- Navigate to Review on the ribbon, and click the Language button
- Select the Set Proofing Language option
- Choose the language that you want to be the proofing language
- Select Ok
The standard PowerPoint option will update textboxes and titles according to the slide layouts. The standard PowerPoint feature does not include text boxes, textboxes, textboxes, and text in handout notes. We created the PPT Productivity for PowerPoint’s change set language feature.
How to modify PowerPoint language for spell checking review of entire presentation?
You can change the proofing language for an entire presentation, one slide or individual shapes with Microsoft Office PowerPoint Productivity. You can modify the PowerPoint language using the PPT Productivity Proofing Language drop down menu. You can:
- For your presentation, set the default proofing language
- To update the language of your presentation, select the slides/ shapes you wish to edit. All text-boxes within the selection, including those in Grouped shapes will be set to the default language
- All shapes from all slides can be converted to your Default Language
- You can change the language of all slides, or just a few slides.
- If you modify the language of a slide or the whole presentation, the language used to make notes on these slides will be changed.
You can choose either the Set all slide language, or the Set selected slide/ shapes language feature from the PPT Productivity Ribbon. The video below shows you how to set proofing language.
- A complete review on Can AI replace UI? - April 20, 2023
- A study in What is module in layout grid? - April 20, 2023
- Accessibility checklist for UX design – What you need to know - April 20, 2023