Google Slides uses hanging indents to ensure that relevant bibliographic citations can be read. It’s also an excellent way to enhance text visually. Here are two ways to use them. In this article you will learn how to create a hanging indents in google slides.
Hanging indents are required for certain types of citations. It’s also an option to make text look nice in a Google Slides presentation.
What are hanging indents?
Hanging indent is the condition in which the first sentence of a paragraph has its first line indented. It is also known as the hanging indent. Users may set negative indents to the first sentence depending on which word processor they are using. This will result in hanging indents throughout the text.
Hanging indents are more frequent in text documents created with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or similar programs than in presentations created in Google Slides. Sometimes, you might want to use the feature in presentations to cite a source or for visual effects.
Create a Hanging Indent in Google Slides
- Let’s look at the single-paragraph indentation we can use in our Google Slides presentations.
- Google Slides allows you to create new presentations or edit an existing presentation.
- Click View > Display ruler.
- If it isn’t already, add the text you would like to use for the hanging indent.
- Highlight the text that will include the hanging indent. Click and drag the Indent Control to the ruler. It will look like a triangle with a downward-facing side. Let it go once you have the text indented exactly where you want.
- Grab the left indent control (it looks like a blue bar just above a triangle) and drag the device back to where you want the text to begin.
- You’ll create the hanging indent by releasing the control of the left indent.
How to Add Hanging Indent using Format Menu
- If the above method is too difficult for you, you can use the Format tab to add a hanging indent.
- Select a paragraph to change the normal indentation, and then click on the Format menu. Next, select Format options from the dropdown menu.
- On the right side, you will see the Format options sidebar. Select the section Text fitting. Next, select ‘Hanging” in the Special indent section.
- You can also increase the indent distance using the increase indent option. The left margin will increase each time you click the Increase Indent button. If you want to reduce the indentation, click the decrease indent option.
- After making the necessary changes, this is how your paragraph will look.
How to use keyboard shortcut to add a Hanging Indent to Google Slides?
The fundamental steps for editing the hanging indent in multi-line paragraphs have been covered. However, an input device can be used if you need to modify the default indent quickly.
Step 1: Open the google slide presentation where you want to insert an indent.
Step 2 Place your cursor at the beginning of the line you want to indent.
Hit the Enter and the Shift keys. Hit the Tab key to indent text.
The indent has been separated from the line. This hanging indent is useful for paragraphs.
Indenting every line one at a time
Open the slide you wish to indent and go to the page with the content.
To indent the section, click the point where it begins. Also, we will use a hanging indentation for a citation in this example. To do so, click the line below the first line.
If you are using a desktop computer, place your cursor at the beginning of any line. Then press Shift + enter on the keyboard. For Mac users, press the Shift and then the Return keys.
To place the text on its own lines, use Shift + Entered and press the tab key. This will create the desired effect.
First Line Indent method
- Open Google Slides and choose the site with the content you want to indent.
- Select the text block for which you want to make a hanging indent.
- The ruler guidelines at the top left of your screen will help organize your presentation.
- These can be viewed by clicking on the View menu bar, then clicking Show Ruler.
- Place your cursor on the blue arrow at the ruler and drag it to the right. Your highlighted text will now have the indentation.
- Drag the First Line Indent to the beginning of each paragraph and create a hanging indentation.
When do you need to use hanging indents?
Hanging indents can also be found on page numbers, indexes, and headings. This is common in academic writing. It is usually found in list items, with another strikeout before it.
You may wish to include specific data and details in your presentations. These details should be properly credited and cited in your presentation. This lesson will show you how to manage indents within Google Slides documents.
Presentation design services :
With our presentation design services, we can help you create a great visual representation of your business. They are designed by professional strategists and designers who understand how important it is to have visuals that communicate clearly and effectively while still being aesthetically pleasing. They’re also created using the most up-to-date data, so they won’t become obsolete quickly like other types of marketing material might.
- Barber shop UI design inspirations– Best 10 examples - March 18, 2023
- Best online presentation maker – Top 9online presentation maker - March 18, 2023
- How long does it take to learn web design? – Effective factors on learning - March 18, 2023